In combination with an air/water spray, the Waterlase HydroKinetic YSGG dental laser is able to replace the dreaded SHOT in many instances.
Since there is no heat or vibration from the Waterlase, the need for anesthetic (THE SHOT) is eliminated in most cases! Pain free dentistry is here!
What is Waterlase® technology?
Waterlase® YSGG technology uses a patented and unique combination of laser energy and water to gently and precisely remove dental decay with no shot, no drill, and no pain in most cases.
What are the benefits of Waterlase technology?
• Heat and vibration are the causes of most of the pain associated with the drill. Since cutting the tooth with Waterlase® Technology does not cause heat or vibration, MOST DENTAL PROCEDURES CAN BE PERFORMED WITH NO PAIN, VIRTUALLY ELIMINATING THE NEED FOR ANESTHESIA IN MOST CASES.
• The Waterlase® removes decay very precisely which allows you to keep a healthy tooth sturcture and have healthier teeth longer.
• The Waterlase® effectively performs numerous soft tissue (gums) procedures with little or no bleeding and gives your dentist a new high-tech tool for many procedures that previously required referral to a specialist. Now you can have them performed during your scheduled appointment.
• The Waterlase® avoids many common problems of the high speed drill, including cracks in the teeth from the vibration and rapid turning of the drill burrs which can weaken your teeth, creating future problems. The Waterlase™ decontaminates as it cuts reducing the chance for bacterial contamination.
• The Waterlase® prepares your teeth in a way that maximizes the bonding of tooth colored fillings, allowing them to last longer.
Is the laser safe?
In the hands of your trained dentist, the Waterlase® is as safe as other medical devices. With its 2 mm active range from the tip, the laser provides pinpoint accuracy, reducing the chance of causing damage to healthy tissues. The primary safety measure necessary during laser treatment is proper protective glasses.
Waterlase® vs. the standard drill
The high speed dental drill may cause a smear layer, a layer of dead organic material. The Waterlase® creates cuts with NO smear layer, providing a better surface for bonding, and allowing your filling to last longer.
What can the Waterlase® be used for?
• Decay Removal
• Cavity Preparation
• Complete Root Canal procedures
• Bone procedures
• Reshape "gummy" smiles
• General soft tissue procedures
• General dentistry for enamel and dentin
• Avoid being "numbed"
• Avoid the shot and pain
For more information on Waterlase® Dentistry or Biolase® Technology visit: